Monday, May 27, 2013

The Goal

I am a little sad to say that I did not reach my goal of breaking 50 sec. in the 400 meters. The closes I got to it was 52.4. For about a years worth of work, I shaved of one second off my best time last year which was 53.7 which is still pretty good. Back at my old school in Buffalo, I ran track, but the preparation and workouts don't really compare to what I did at Ithaca High School. If I would have started track here in Ithaca, I know for sure I would have made my goal no problem because of how hardworking I am. Now that I'm about to graduate, I will carry my goal with me to college. I will continue to work hard and if I stay with it, who knows how fast I'll be running in my college years to come.

But I am still excited to do my demonstration at my presentation, it's going to be awesome. I will be running a full out 400 and I'm getting some track friends to run with me so people can see how I look during races.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good reflection!!! Love it!!! You are not only able to reflect on why you maybe didn't meet your goal but also reflect on the future. You know what you want to do and how to get there.

    ReplyDelete